Confusion

How do you cope with our World going so horribly wrong? I honestly believe that man kind is so brilliantly smart to the point we are stupid. Why can't we all just see that the government is corralling us into following these stupid laws. If we would just realize what is going on and stick together, maybe we could get somewhere good. I just feel like we are letting the government or whom ever run the show when we are the ones who need to be calling the shots. We complain so much so why aren't we doing something? What can we do to help?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I do everything I can. the local reps have started to refer to me by my first name in our correspondence which I guess is a compliment. I refrain from name calling even though some of them truly do deserve to call idiots.

What can we do? Start researching candidates for the 2010 election . . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:14 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• " We cannot change the world, until we change ourselves. "
    I don't see my world as so horribly wrong.
    And I don't ask myself " why aren't I doing something" because I am.
    Are you overwhelmed? With what? Perhaps you need to see within yourself to see what you see as so terribly wrong and what is wrong within you that needs fixing, sometimes fixing oneself can only come with the volunteering for those less fortunate. I am sure someone out there could use your help today. And you of course, would feel better for it.
    As far as getting everyone to stick together, I have no idea what you are referencing in regards to that, I refuse to cross the aisle, I am definitely on the red side of the fence.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I honestly can do some good change within myself but in the same breath I feel like I am one of the better people in this world. I am a fantastic mother and I honestly work hard to better people's lives. I keep where ever I go clean and even manage to pick up after others. I love to help people and help them see the good in themselves and what good they can do for our world. What I am referring to specifically...really isn't anything TOO specific. Lately I have been reading more and more into the politics and it just upsets me that after seeing all the trauma with the economy, I go out to run errands or something and I just see low life people sitting on their asses doing nothing but shooting other people, smacking their babies around, or smoking weed and complaining about how hard they have it. Why arent we doing anything to get rid of people like this? I dont know how to "get rid" of them but why are they aloud to do that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• anon 823
    It sounds more to me like you have some pent up anger issues, and watching the news and politics aren't helping you to divert your attention elsewhere. So you are a good person, OK, I believe you. I would suggest though maybe watching the food network or the discovery channel instead of the news and start smiling at people you see in society rather than looking down on them regardless of what you think they are doing at the time. Remember reading Anne Frank in school? Even she saw that people are basically good.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• As far as getting everyone to stick together, I have no idea what you are referencing in regards to that, I refuse to cross the aisle, I am definitely on the red side of the fence.

Getting everyone to 'stick together' isn't a major problem. I'd prefer it didn't happen. We need differing opinions to make sure that the best happens. We don't need to sit down together over a Christmas ham.

That being said, I'd prefer we could have the discussions without the insults
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Why arent we doing anything to get rid of people like this? I dont know how to "get rid" of them but why are they aloud to do that
    **And this phrase is really kind of scary, Hitleresque in nature even, why do you determine who society should get rid of? Counseling for pent up anger should be something you might want to look into today.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Uh oh.....Did I just take the bite for a troll question??
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Live our lives,make calls to our reps,check out candidates for 2010 like lovin said.We can also organize or just attend some of these tea parties and such going on.

Good posts akin
    I agree that most people have some good in them have always thought that.There are those who are imo pretty misguided but some will be open to being shown another way.Deffinitely agree with diverting our attention away from all this when it gets to be too much.I have to do that myself.Volunteering some of our time is wonderful thing.If there is no time for that then just focus on smaller acts that still mean alot.The other day a young girl with baby in her shopping cart dropped her 12 pack of diet sodas which fell out of the box on the street.She was kind of struggling a bit to hold the cart and use the other hand to pick up the sodas.I offered to help she said it's ok I got it and thanked me for the offer.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The offer means more then one may think.I am sure we have all been there.I sometimes feel the same way that it seems like so many people just do not want to do a thing and do not care and to a point that is true but those of us that know it is all worth it need to be an example more often.Raise our kids with good moral character,values,principles,show them that hard work pays off and we can show this to their friends as well then they are visiting.I do think there is an issue here all we can do is work harder to show a better way and yes by all means take time for yourself don't let this bog you down.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• This girl is on the red side of the fence as well and never see that changing.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:56 AM on Mar. 23, 2009