How can i get intervention in my home for my husband and my daughter?

WE LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA AND THIS IS HIS STEPDAUGHTER AND HE IS BEING VIOLENT TOWARD HE AND CALLING HER OUT OF HER NAME. I NEED RESOURCES!!!

felicia99

Asked by felicia99 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• um, 911
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• dr.phil? Maury? No really though, try a local family counselor? Best of luck and its great that you recognized this and are attempting to do something about it!
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• if he is being violent toward her, i would leave him. honestly, my children are my number one priority - including their safety. to me violence is past the point of counseling when it comes to my children. if he was their father, i could see moving out and getting it court ordered that he has to get counseling in order to get supervised visits until he proves that he wont be violent toward her. but if this isn't even her dad, there is no reason to put her in danger.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 911, social services, a divorce attorney. If ANYONE was violent towards my child, he would be gone in a heartbeat. Why would you keep her in a situation like that? She is your CHILD and needs to be protected by you. Family counseling is in order and if hubby won't go then I would get a good divorce attorney and that would be the end of the violence.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Counseling?? Honey, you need to do something more than that. Call 411 and ask for a domestic violence or child abuse hotline. They can probably point you in the right direction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2009