Baby modeling??

Everytime we go out in public we get stopped by a lot of people who want to admire our baby. My husband and I have just been writing it off as the normal reaction everyone has towards babies, but the other day we were out and this one person kept coming back to us so she could look at the baby longer. So, I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but we're starting to get the idea that maybe our baby is extra cute.

So, here's my question. Have you ever considered getting your baby into modeling? How would you go about it?
I don't want her to grow up as a model, just maybe win a couple of contests to win a college scholarship or something. Are there any good photo contests? I don't want to pimp my baby out or anything, but in today's economy it would be great to get some help in saving for her education and stuff.
Any advice from anyone who has done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This happened to me & STILL happens to my 7 year old daughter. I had a woman run into me the other day at Target. She worked for Cartoon Network & said that i need to get my kid in the show business because she is so beautiful. I have no idea how to get this started w/ out going to some agency that is going to ask for $1000 of dollars though.

But yes, i have concidered it. But, i don't know where to start. I'll check back to see if anyone else has any good ideas about how too. It is GREAT for their college fund.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I've had people do that with my son. I even had a guy who said he used to be a talent agent recommend an agency. I thought about it and thought it might be okay for the reasons you stated but there are a couple reasons why I wouldn't and probably won't. The main reason is that if I took him to an audtion or something and he didn't make the cut I don't think I could handle anybody telling me my baby isn't good enough. Those talent agents can be pretty blunt and I'm not the one to handle rejection well especially when it comes to my own child. Then there's all the money that you put in to it with absolutely no guarantee that you'll make it back. I try to remember too that even though he's cute and everyone thinks so, it doesn't mean he won't have a ton of competition just as cute, if not cuter!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Oh but if you do want to try it out than all you really have to do it find a talent agency and they'll tell you how to get started. You can look them up online and find one near you. Also, if you live in or near a large city there are usually auditions around every so often you just gotta find one that takes infants. Look them up, it'll be good for you to have at least the basic information about it if you really wanna do it!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009