What's wrong w/me? Dizzy, nauseous...

when i woke up today, i felt fine until i sat up in bed. whenever i move my head, i get so dizzy that i feel like i might throw up. moving around is horrible and i wish i could just lie still all day. as long as i don't move my head, i feel almost normal, not dizzy and only slightly nauseous. but then i move my head and it feels heavy and wobbly and i get really nauseous again. when i looked up vertigo, it says that's the feeling that "the world is spinning around you" which isn't the case. any ideas? please tell me this will go away on it's own soon. i have a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old to take care of and my hubby is a marine and he's gone for the next 11 days. and we just moved here, so i know no one to watch the kids while i go to a dr. =(

pugmama

Asked by pugmama at 10:02 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• Maybe low on iron. I am border line anemic and feel like that when mine is low. Good luck, try taking some vitamins or getting something to eat. Hopefully you arent getting the flu
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:20 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Do you know the number to your hubby's unit Key Wives? I am sure someone there would be able to help you out. I know you are new to the base and dont know anyone but many of the civilian wives are SAHM's Dont be afraid go knock on your neighbors door and ask if it would be possible to take you to the dr..with your kids. You arent feeling well. If something were to happen to you then things would be so much worse for your kids. Get a hold of the Family Support Center if you can too. I know it may be embarassing to ask for help from strangers, but that is what these people are for to help the families of the Marine. I loved our Family Service Center on Lejeune. We were dual military, but I used them like any other spouse that was civilian did. They are a life saver!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• maybe an ear infection. my dad had one and it messed him up so bad i had to drive him to the dr. his symptoms were similar.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009