What do you do for the kids for Easter?

My sister called asking what to get the kids for Easter?? I said no junk, nothing, money for savings, clothes, no junk!!! I just through out 6 bags of junk, from 3 kids, and I am not finish with my older daughters room.

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I make small baskets for my grandchildren (and their parents), since they get plenty of candy at their homes. For the little ones I put a couple small toys and a little candy, for the adults maybe just a candy egg or bag of Easter M&M's. I put the person's name on the basket or package and hide them. I tell them that they are hidden only in fhe living areas of the house (not the bathrooms or basement) and they don't have to touch anything to find them. I put them in places suitable for the finding skills. For the little ones they are under or on a chair, for example. For my sons and one of their wives they may be behind the speakers or down between the washer and sewing machine. For one son's wife it is on or under a chair. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 10:22 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have an easter egg hunt......make a big basket....that's it. I do more little toys/crafts than junk food.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I usually shop the $1 aisles at Target and go to Dollar General and pick up a few small things along with a little candy (usually jelly beans, peanut butter cups and a solid milk chocolate bunny--small one).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:01 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• DD is 16 months and is getting a book. I love Margaret Wise :~) And that's about it! We might have a semi-traditional easter feast, but Im not decorating eggs or hiding them until she is older. And she DEFINITELY is NOT getting candy!!!!!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 11:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• One year we did a picnic for my son and his buddy. The plastic eggs were hidden around the yard and were filled with cheerios, hardboiled egg, fruit and carotts and other such things and of course a chocolate for dessert. They thought it was great having their easter picnic from the eggs.
    Another year we put little cars in eggs and other fun little toys. Last year we put little things like stickers, stamps and little toys, chap stick and some chocolate's. Last year the kids got one special things too. My son loves cutting so we bought him a little scissor set and DD a canopy kit to make for her room. This year we are hoping to get the kids something bigger. Only because DS loves riding his bike in the summer and with the weather getting nicer we'd like to get him one, he's too big for his one from last year. DD has been playing with DS's leapster and we'd like to be able to get her one and stop the arguments!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Usually a basket of candy and a toy or two no more than $50. Past couple years its been video games. Has to fit in the basket!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:50 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I lied.... it usually fits in the basket. We're going a little overboard with the baby this year and getting a swing set.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:51 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My baby is getting a couple little toys and a book. Her older sister is getting candy, books, bubbles and side walk chalk.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• For my older kids I make a "nest" in a crystal bowl with Easter grass and candy that I put in the middle of the dinning room table. For the little ones I do a basket of candy and some small goodies like bubbles or sidewalk chalk. We color eggs on Good Friday and we hunt for them on Sunday.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009