Are you in control of your life?

I feel lost, I am working, taking care of kids, shopping, cooking, driving everywhere. I am soo lost what about me? I feel like screaming at the Top of my Lungs, and honestly nobody is listening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I feel like that all the time. But when I am not head spinning screaming yes I do feel in control for the most part, during those brief moments that is.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:36 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If I could control only one aspect of my life, it would want that one thing to be the weather... When its 70 degrees and sunny but my son is sick he doesn't understand why he can't play outside. When its winter and 35 degrees but beautiful clear skies, he doesn't understand why he can't play outside. When he rains, he understands, but do you think that stops him from asking? NOPE!

I wish I could control the weather so that when he's sick its lousy weather out. Or when I've just got so much to do inside that there just isn't a chance to go outside. Or it would be nice out when he is being well behaved and we can go for a walk or a bike ride or to the park. I sure as hell don't let him go out and play when he's had an attitude and argued with me all day, but it seems like half the time those days are the nice days.

My life would be sooo much easier if I could only control the weather.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You need time to yourself at LEAST once a week. You need to be able to whatever you want for at least 1/2 a day. I went through this too, i felt like i lost myself. I felt like i didn't know who i was anymore, i felt like an android that was built to work for others. Eventually, i left my horrible marriage (not suggesting your marriage is horrible at all). But, this change made me remember who I was. All of a sudden kids were going to there dads sometimes, & i had time to myself. IT WAS THIS TIME I HAD FOR MYSELF THAT REALLY HELPED ME. You need to figure out how you can your own time to do whatever you want with. It is very important to do things YOU want to on occasion. If you can find special time for yourself, i think you'll start feeling like less of an android,
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I can see how you feel this way. Is there anybody who can watch the kids for a couple hours? Sounds like you need some YOU time! Find somebody to watch the kids for a couple hours, and go out and get your nails done or a pedicure. Or if money is tight, get a face mask for home, paint your toenails, treat yourself to your favorite meal (I like chinese!), and watch a movie and relax.
    I am sorta in control of my life. However, Im not in control of my husbands life, and he is being deployed soon. I already need breaks from my daughter and he is still here!! Im pretty sure Ill end up feeling like you do once he leaves. Hang in there!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• oh honey if that is all come and live my life. its falling apart around me right now and i have no idea what to do. we are being kicked out of our house by our landlord cuz he is in a dispute with his ex over the house we live in, my father passed away a month ago, my fourteen year old is a terror and told me im a bitch and he hated me the other night, my husband has no work at his job and is bringing in hardly any money. shall i go on lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No honestly it is only a part of it, I lost my mother this year, and my mother in law is hanging on by a thread, I want to leave my husband but he won't go, my daughter who is a teen thinks she is grown, and if she ever called me that name I would open hand her in the mouth ewww that is soo disrespectful, shame on him- my neighbors down stairs need to go back to the Ghetto, thank goodness there best friend, the woman that sleeps with the neighborhood husbands is moving to the ghetto, need I say more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• GOOD LORD I THOUGHT I HAD IT BAD HAVING A AUTISTIC CHILD BUT IM BLESSED I DONT HAVE YALLS TROUBLES. WISH YOU ALL THE BEST.
    pattie14

Answer by pattie14 at 11:53 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Welcome to the Mammahood! I feel your pain. I work, cook, clean, and all the other things a SAHM does plus manage to keep 5 kids and one SD alive, in sports, violin lessons the list goes on. Not too mention keeping a 6'3 man fed and ehum happy.
    I don't get to think about what I want or would like. So I made up my mind yesterday to take my boss up on his offer. He is going to pay for the cruise of my choice for next Feb and let me work it off over the year. So I am surprising my DH with the cruise on his birthday this August and we will have 7 fun filled days of sand and sun in Feb 2010! Sometimes you just have to stop and smell the roses and know that the world itself is not going to spin off its axis if you do!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I know how u feel, when I was still married to my ex. I worked two jobs 80 hrs a week and still have to do grocery shopping, pay bills, take kids everywhere and be a wife. After the seperation and then divorce I feel that I have found myself once again and start to enjoy life once again. You do need to take time off for yourself or it will catch up to you.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 2:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009