Has anyone had a cerclage?

I was told that I may end up getting a cerclage at about 18 or 19 weeks. I was also warned that it could tear- I am just wondering how likely that is to happen and if it does will I be able to have children later? Do you have to go on totaly bedrest with a cerclage? Please give me any info you have! :) thanks!

jessicasea

Asked by jessicasea at 10:42 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont know about the tearing, but just the cerclage shouldnt keep you from having future kids, although you will probably have to have one with them too. As for the bedrest, most Dr's around here will want you to be on bedrest for about a week to make sure it took correctly, and limited activity as you get further along, and will be removed about 36-38 weeks. Although I have seen one Dr say it was okay to go back to normal activity the day after. It just depends on your case and if you got it before you started to dilate or not I guess. by the way I have had 7 women have them (between by child birth classes and being a birth doula) and they were all succesful, good luck.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 10:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2009