Do you read a daily newspaper?

If you don't how do you get your news?

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 10:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I read our local newspaper every day, I also watch the news at night and also watch some of the big time news stations.
    It is important to stay up to date on the issues and keep yourself educated.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• no, we don't. we get the sunday paper for the coupons and read that. For the most part I read my news online- I can google and cross check easily, plus I'm already paying 15 bucks (plus tax) for that service. Might as well make the most of it.

Newspapers create a lot of waste and mess, plus it's simply an extra luxury at this point. We could probably afford it, but that would be less going into savings, and a bunch of stuff is about to go up, so I won't spend it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I buy the Sunday paper but during the week, I either look online at our town's online publication of the news or I borrow my parent's newspaper. I also use yahoo news for news around the country and world.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't read it in print but I read it online.
    I get RSS feeds from many different papers, journals and magazines.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I get the print one on Sunday for coupons, I read the news online. Not looking forward to all the newspapers going under, either. It's going to triple my cost for groceries thanks to all the idiots who think they're "smart" to commit fraud by copying net coupons, so a lot of stores won't take them anymore.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my husband comes home every day spouting all the good stuff. lol. plus, i have the internet...obviously.

for the most part though, i try to stay away from the news. it's so depressing and completely biased.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I read my local paper but, I agree with fluud7 it is completely biased so if i read a story that interests me i go online and research the facts before I form my opinion on it!

Anonymous

• I like the weekender but on a daily basis i read cnn.com , npr.org and foreignaffairs.com

sometimes i'll even click on fox because i like to get both sides.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 2:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009