How can I safely induce my labor...other than sex?

Im 37 weeks into a pregnancy that has been nothing but illness and turmoil since 9 weeks. In and out of the hospital, bed rest, and medicines requiring catheders and nearly unconciousness. Im trying to keep a positive attitude but the longer Im in agony, it seems the more depressed, less enthused, and agitated Im getting. I know that maybe I'll be happy when I can finally hold my baby in my arms, but right now, Im simply miserable. Im looking for safe ways to induce labor at home (without my doc). Does anyone have any ideas or methods that you've tried that ACTUALLY really work? If so, please help.

mommie678

Asked by mommie678 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Exercise!! Everyone kept telling me to get out and walk. I did and I think it really helped. It also helps my dog when she gets ready to have her puppies.
    MichaelsMomm122

Answer by MichaelsMomm122 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I've been walking for days now. I feel pressure for a little while but then it just goes away. I dont know what else to do... Im sooo miserable I could cry like RIGHT NOW.
    mommie678

Answer by mommie678 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Your body unfortunately won't go into labor until IT"S ready...so just try to hang in there maybe do a craft or hang out with friends to occupy your time, Also don't try castor oil or anything like that with out talking to your doc...those things usually don't work and can be dangorouse
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• dangerous**
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 11:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I agree with the exercising. I worked up to the day I had my first son and it was a total of 5 hours labor and delivery. My other 2 I was already a sahm and I had to be induced with both even though I walked but not as much as I would normally. I know it's tough, been there 3 times but you really should let that baby come on it's own.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009