Anyone suffer from extreme PMS?

Just had an appt. with my obgyn and after I told him how I have been feeling he said I have extreme PMS....anyone else go through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Health

• never been diagnosed. i have had back pain so intense i was 2 seconds from having hubby take me to the e.r. then i saw that i just got my rag. i never heard of extreme pms. i dont doubt that i have it. nobody understands when i say i dont want to go do something cuz i got my pd. when i was in school i would miss at least one day that week. horrible
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Never been diagnosed either, but probably PMDD. I am mean when I have my period. VEry very very mean. And I have cramps that rival labor. And I can't stop eating even though I really don't want to eat. I'm on the depo shot and I don't get my period, but i still have the PMDD when I am supposed to be getting my period. It's horrible.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• ** raises hand** Yep, I do. Its called PMDD. There are varying degrees of it. I start the grouchiness about 10 days before my P and then in that time period, I have 2 days where I am SUPER depressed. I cry a lot. Then it just goes away. Right before my P, I usually feel pretty good. Then I cramp very badly and it hurts on my hip and shoots down my legs and in my lower back. I get super tired and sleep a lot and the bleeding is very heavy for about 2 days. Then it all just stops as quickly as it started. Its horrible and I have been this way since I had my 4 th child and didn't go back on birth control. After seeing the doc numerous times, their answers are always antidepressants and birth control pills and I refuse to take either one. They never help and sometimes make it worse.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• There is something seriously wrong with me, I think it is PMDD if its a real thing, but when I am on BC it helps sooo much, but I am crazy around period time...I am not even myself for like 1/3 of the month, because my hormones are all messed up, they have to be. Thankfully I don't have the horrible cramps since I had a baby and went on BC but even now I am not on it anymore I still don't have the SUPER bad cramps, I used to cry at school and sit on the phone with my mom and beg her to come pick me up...It was awful....I feel bad for you, but I am sure theres got to be something that can help
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 1:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Momofsaee and LainysMommy, sounds like we are in the same boat. I don't want to take an antidepressant or BC pills because of side affects but I may have to because PMDD could be unbearable at times and not fair to my children. THANKS for your answers!!!
    Anonymous