How do I tempt a picky eater?

My 7 month old is not interested in eating. I've offered all the cereals and a few 1st stages foods. (my son never gave me problems so this is new to me). I offer her food once a day now, and she'll only take a few bites. Should I just try table food? Or not worry as long as she's taking her bottles.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's probably not that interested in food.
    Breastmilk(or formula) should still be her primary source of food and any solids on top of that are just dessert.

I know how you feel though. My daughter was crazy about solids and my son is just now(at 9 months) getting into eating solid food. He just wasn't interested before.

Oh and I've always offered small, soft bits of whatever we were eating. There were some foods I spoonfed but for the most part it was just finger foods. Good luck!
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't worry. Just keep offering it to her but not too many different things yet. She'll take it eventually. 7 mo is still young.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:26 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Thanks, I just needed reassuring-peds were too busy to discuss feeding (rolleyes), and my son loved to eat as a baby! LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Could also be that she just isn't hungry. Try giving her foods throughout the day.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009