Anyone a Medical Transcriptionist or in training?

I am considering going to an online school for MT but was hoping to hear other people's experiences before I make the leap. Where did you get your training? How much did it cost? From the information I have gathered I am thinking of making the investment of $2,000, does that sound about average?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I've done medical transcription in the past. The way I did it was to get a "crummy" job at the hospital (although I chose phlebotomy which I really enjoyed), and then get your training through them (for me it was free). It really isn't very hard to learn, and $2000 is a lot to invest.
    Now I'm working from home with a fantastic wholesale company. I don't have to carry inventory or do parties or even leave the house, and the investment was not even close to 20% of what you're looking at spending. Also, there is ongoing residual income. If it sounds interesting, check out HealthyHome4All.com
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 5:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2009