What are some of teenagers trends these days?

I am writing an article for my website on Teenage Trends of Today. Only problem is I have no teenagers yet. Please give me ideas on fashion, music and any other trends your teen might come up with. Thanks so much. Feel free to check out my site too, www.webstarts.com/themommieslifemagazine

kassandtrinsmom

Asked by kassandtrinsmom at 11:21 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I think the only universal teen trends are texting, myspace/facebook, and aim. The clothes and music change depending on which group they identify with. My son is into old rock and alternative music.He HATES ambecrombie, hollister and aeropostale clothes.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• well as a teenager I can tell you what I have personally observed in my high school: theres this new "scene" thing where girls AND boys wear really skinny jeans (funny story--a boy in one of classes once asked me if he could have my size 00 jeans...wierd) with brightly colored shirts, have unusual hair styles and hair colors, listen to "emo" music (My Chemical Romance for ex) and from personal observation Ive noticed that most of these "scene" kids have Myspaces rather than Facebook
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Ok, I don't agree with AdensMommy, a small percentage of these kids are into emo music and only a few boys are into skinny jeans, they are the skaters. My daughter likes to dress in holister and abercrombie. Some kids wear a cheaper version of these clothes from Aeropostale. Alot of girls wear skinny jeans. I agree with adensmommy that a lot of kids have myspaces and facebooks. Most kids have cellphones where their main type of communication is through texting. Girls like their hair long and straight, usually worn on the side. Boys that are into skating usually wear their hair long, while some preppy boys wear it short. They also are ito the show Secret LIfe of an American Teenager. They like a variety of music, usually the new songs that have just come out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think it depends because me and my sister don't sop at any of those stores anymore since we earn our money insted of havin our parents buy us clothes anymore. I am 18 and my sister is 16. We've been earing our own money since we were 14 and we jus go wherever and shop like alleycat or deb even JC pennys and burlington. It doesn't matter how much our clothes cost just as long as we look unique and accessorize our own outfits cuz every girl can have the same shirt but you can wear a long necklace or a scarff and it will be your own style. There's also a thing called "Swag" Now thats when you ahve your own style from everyone else. The music varies on the teen.
    Anonymous

• Oh and teens aren't the only ones that text anymore.
    Anonymous

• Mine is almost a teen, his friends are into texting, MySpace and irritating their parents and teachers. I was wondering the samething, I will be checking out your website. I was thinking of starting a magazine for parents of teens and preteens. Just not sure how to do that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am a teenager so these are the trends I notice from me and my friends:
    Most of us LOVE vampire/fantasy movies and books (such as Twilight, Harry Potter, etc.)
    Most of us are constantly on Myspace or texting
    popular stores: aeropostale, hollister, hot topic, wal-mart (lol)
    lately people say text speak out loud
    We all love and live on McDonalds and other fast food!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009