What should she eat?

My daughter is 9 1/2 months old. She eats stage 2 and 3 foods and now we're introducing "adult foods". we give her those graduates puffs, and she eats all those things great. We also give like mashed potatles too. Her pediatrican said just avoid red meat, egg whites and honey. I gave her some little bites of turkey lunchmeat and she eats that great, I was just wondering what else should I give her at this stage? thanks

rylies_mum

Asked by rylies_mum at 11:23 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she is able to chew I would start introducing her to things that you would eat. You could start giving her some cooked veggies, noodles etc. As long as she can gum foods down and they are cooked nice and soft she should be fine.
    You could also try little pieces of banana, and other softer fruits.
    Happy experimenting!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My son is 9 months old and he loves avocado chunks, banana, baby yogurt and string cheese(I cut it into cubes for him.)
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:57 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Lets see. Around that age, we were doing cooked veggies and softer fruits (pears and peaches). Cheese, crackers, noodles, tortillas, bread, ground or chunks of poultry. If you can mush it with your tongue on the roof of your mouth, then odds are it is safe for baby to be able to gum. Avoid peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs, and tougher meats. Also stay away from fresh apples and honey. Raw honey. The first all have a choking risk and the latter can carry botulism.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I would avoid deli lunch meats - they tend to be high in nitrates and sodium so they aren't very nutritious anyway.

ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 12:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• by 9 months we were feeding our son everything we were eating (anything that can be smashed or pureed or gummed easily). Anything you avoided while pregnant (lunch meat, limit tuna or fish that eat other fish, sushi, etc..) it is recommended you not give to someone under 1.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009