anyone else wanna...

make me feel any crappier about being on food stamps? I feel like I really have to ask this. I ALREADY feel terrible that I am a welfare mom and that I cannot seem to provide for DD by myself. I am TRYING but STRUGGLING. And that post in the politics section just didn't help at all. So... anymore crap flinging?

No I'm not looking for sympathy or drama (though I'm sure you'll all say I am anyways :) ). Just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you are a single parent and working or going to school and struggling to make ends meet then food stamps are there for people like you...a hand up not a hand out. Do NOT hang your head in shame! There wil always be those who will bash you but they should watch what they say. Living like they are out of reach of disaster in their own lives is the worst kind of extravagance! They could lose a job, get a terminal illness, the list goes on. They are the ones who may very well be in the welfare line next. I think you should walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you judge. Just hold your head up, keep working, and things will get better soon, nothing last forever...not even good times. All those who bash, are they willing to look you LO in the eye and tell him/her they have to go to bed hungry? Glad I am not so heartless!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't want to be reported.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• dont worry about them im on food stamps to you are supporting your dd the best you can ignore them
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• As long as YOU know you're doing the best you can then ignore them.. It's no ones business anyway.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 11:38 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• As long as you are trying to get on your feet and do not see this as the permanent solution to a financial problem, then I say use them. No one should be able to make you feel bad, there are a lot of people struggling right now.
    It is people who are on food stamps and refuse to try to do anything to better themselves that make it hard for people like you who are trying to do the best you can.
    I hope the future brings you better things, and do not let people get you down. There are plenty of mudslingers, but it is amazing how most of them post anon.
    Keep your head up and keep working hard, everything will turn around for you!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• If you feel so bad about it, get off the computer and get a job
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• OMG.... I can't believe you are on foodstamps you lazy woman! ok... you asked for it!! (joking!!!)

Seriously, so many people on here are judgmental and rude. Don't worry about what they say. You are the one who knows what is best for you and your family. Karma will get them. Maybe one day they will reach out to the government for help and know how it feels. I've been there and it's very humbling!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• some people need the help. . . i dont have a problem with people who are on it when they need to be. my problem is with the ones who take advantage of it. but if you need it do it. its your life and your dds, its far better to be on it recieving the help when you need it than not being able to take care of your dd and yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• thanks anon 11:45. I have a job. And I'm working on managing going back to school, caring for my LO by myself and working. I don't want to work for $8 for the rest of myself.

I DO get down on myself about this, even without the mud slinging. I never wanted to be a welfare mom. NEVER. And I REFUSE to bring more children into this world, no matter how badly I want more, when I cannot support them myself.

Anyways. Thanks ladies. Good to know there are some people out there who realize that times are tough, and we do what we have to do to put food into our children's mouths.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• *my life.... not "myself."
    Anonymous