What kind of Front loader washer and dryer set do you have? and would you suggest it to others?

im looking to buy a front loader washer and dryer, I do a ton of laundry and am looking to get a bigger washer and dryer, and front loaders are my favorite (and i dont have one now). But im looking for other moms opinions

qtdavis

Asked by qtdavis at 11:46 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I love my front loads! My dryer is a Maytag and my washer is a Frigidaire! They are much more easier to load. Would I buy again? Absolutely
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We just got a brand new washer and dryer. We bought Amana frontloaders. The machines were rated a best buy by Consumer Reports!! We love them. They're very quiet, are highly efficient, and are priced well.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 12:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I have the Whirlpool Duet (first generation) and I do like it but its NOT worth the money they are charging. I paid about $1900 for my set ( I think theyve gone up) and they have hopefully perfected a few issues. They are not as well made as some of the older top loading models. I have had mine for 3 years and the knob on the washer broke, the door on the dryer, the washer pump got stopped up, ect...Just little things like that. If something goes awry with it, you have to call someone because they are not easy to work on. They tend to smell modly if you dont let the insides dry out after washing. I don't think we will buy another one, but the pluses are that the dryer holds a lot of clothes. The washer is just average. Just my thoughts.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009