how do i get my baby to sleep at night?

My son will be 2 months this week.
he doesn't like to sleep in the crib.
he doesn't like the musical thing on the crib that i have.
when he does fall a sleep it's in someone's arms and when you put him down he wakes up right away.
i have even given him baths at night. i can never really sleep with him in my bed i get really uncomferble.
someone please help!!!!!!!!!!

marcelina08

Asked by marcelina08 at 11:52 AM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At that age 5 hours of consecutive sleep is considered a 'night's sleep' for a baby.
    At that age your baby still needs to wake frequently for feedings.
    So, with that in mind, swaddling is a great option and so is rocking. Also, holding baby and waiting for at least 15 minutes can help with the lay down. It takes at least that long for them to enter into a deep sleep.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried swaddling him before you rock him and then leave the blanket swaddled when you put him down? That way he might not notice the warmth of your body gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Have you tried swaddling him? If he is comfy falling asleep in someone's arms then it sounds like he likes to be cuddled. Swaddle him really good, and place him down. They have those baby positioners too that could help I know my son was kinda the same way when he was first little. I had the little positioner and swaddled him tight. He would knock out so fast..lol Even before I could get the pacifier from the other room and come back into his room He would be out. Have you tried a baby swing? I know some babies like that too. Our second daughter used to sleep only in that. So she was buckled in and swung.till the batteries died..lol then she was so knocked out she didnt care. I would carefully move her to the crib. Then a decent nights sleep for Momma! You just have to keep trying different things till you find how your son likes to fall asleep.
    Good Luck!
    MSully3

Answer by MSully3 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Swaddling is a definite! We had stopped and then our babies were not sleeping well at all. We got some of those kiddopotamus swaddlers and they sleep in those at night! Oh how well they sleep too! I would definitely try that! I was talking to one mom Friday who puts her baby to sleep on it's belly and she said that her ped told her they don't like to be unwrapped on their backs because they almost feel like they are falling. They are also used to the snugness of your womb. Also, make sure your baby is well fed, I know that may sound stupid, but you'd be surprised at how little time it takes for mine to get hungry!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• when my kids were little like that, they used to fight me a little, i found that putting them on their bellies, and patting their butts knocks them out lol. you said that the music thing dont work, try to get a cd of indian music, thats soothing and it might put them to sleep. i know it relaxes me.
    Anonymous

• With our oldest, she had a lot of gas so we would put her to sleep in her infant seat or an infant seat that had her at about 45 degrees.
    marbear98

Answer by marbear98 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009