my oranda goldfish just died but........

i dont know what to do with it, should i just throw it in the trash? i loved this fish so much and im pregnant so i feel a little emotional or guilty it died, not because i was a bad owner but i wish i could've done more for my fishy, i really hope it didnt suffer! :(

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 12:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pets

• it's not wierd if you want to bury it, I understand emotions completely. If you dont want to go to tht extreme ask someone else to dispose of the body.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Whenever one our fish dies, we usually stick it in a Ziploc bag and then we put it in the freezer until trash day. This way the body does not stick up the house; plus I am sure you have a pregnant nose right now. I am sure your fishy lived a great life!
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 12:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• You may think it is strange, but a fish will nourish a plant as it decomposes. You could bury it near a tree or bush in your yard and also pour the fish water there as well. It could be your fishes "memorial" plant.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When I have fish die, I flush them. lol
    I am never that attached to a goldfish that I feel bad about flushing them down the toilet. If you want to bury your fish, go for it. It won't take a very big hole to bury a fish . . . . . ((sorry))
    Anonymous