Anyone have scripture to prove that you should have interracial marriages?

Serious question. Not intended for drama. If you don't believe in the bible move on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What do you mean?
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 12:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not that I can think of but I never heard of the bible saying it was wrong either, just always specifies a man and a woman. Who cares anyway?
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 12:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I heard it on a TV show today that someone said it was in the bible that it was wrong. So I was just wondering if it is true or not.
    Anonymous

• Being in a mixed marriage is not a sin or wrong. More than likely the person took one scripture out of context and didn't bother looking at the rest of the bible or the people in the bible who had mixed marriages - which included Moses who married outside of his race and boaz who married Rahab (who was outside of his race) and if you follow the geneology (sp?) of Jesus you will see that this was in the family line.

So no, it's not a sin or wrong. As Christians, we are told to not be yoked with unbelievers (i.e. if you're a Christian you should not marry a non-Christian).
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• They're referring to 2 Corinthians 6:14 probably.. Which, isn't about race at all, but whatever.

Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 12:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• http://christiananswers.net/q-sum/sum-g003.html

here- this is a good one-
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 12:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• jdg 12 talks about marriage out of your clan. um, i dont think there is anything saying its right or wrong...i dont see anything wrong with it
    Anonymous

• LOL
    Anonymous

• http://www.biblestudy.org/basicart/interace.html

this is a good bible study on the question you're asking.. with biblical references.
    Anonymous

•     People always try to interpret things in the Bible to fit their needs and opinions. Personally, I don't care if the Bible actually did say it was wrong, I still love my interracial marriage and know in no way is it wrong.

Bonn777 is right though, Moses did marry outside of his race so this makes it very obvious that it is OK in the Bible.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009