I'm 12 weeks pregnant. When should I stop sleeping on my back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when ever it gets uncomfortable?
    some women sleep on their bellys even when theyre at the end of pregnancy..im 36 weeks and i still sleep on my back..i sleep on my right side and my left side,..i find sleeping on my belly very uncomfy
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 12:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i still sleep on my back i just put a pillow under my back...and i sleep on my belly to well kinda on my side/belly...that is when i sleep i seem to have a hard time the last few weeks...im 36 weeks
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• with my first i started around 5 months. it was hard to adjust so this time I started the day i found out i was pregnant just to get used to it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 16 weeks is the official cut-off. But as long as your uterus is tilted one way or the other (you can put a small pillow under one hip to prop it, for instance...that's what I do), you can continue to sleep at least half-way on your back. And it's not a huge deal if you roll onto your back while you're sleeping; chances are that you'll wake up and/or reposition yourself before any harm is done.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i've heard usually around 4 months, or at least once you really start to show. the weight of the belly could harm the fetus if you sleep on the back too long. but if you end up on your back while asleep dont worry. you're body knows to adjust itself and protect the baby.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009