Do they sound ready?

I have 17 month old twins. Both will let you know when they are wet by either grabbing their diapers or unzipping their pjs. And they will tell you when they are poopy by saying shoo. Both have started to pee in the floor then stop and point to the bathroom. We have bought potty chairs but haven't really tried using them except before bath time. So my question is does it sound like they are ready? It has been 4 yours since I potty trained a child and that was alittle girl and I only helped. My mom actually pottied trained her. Any advice, suggestions, and help is appreciated. TIA

palexander

Asked by palexander at 12:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like they might be ready! They are pretty young but some kids do potty train at this age. You can certainly introduce them to their potty chairs and give it a try. Just take an easy going no-pressure attitude.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It sounds like they might be ready! Maybe you could try them in a training pant during the day when your at home and have their potty out and about where they can get to it..maybe they will use it..if not then thats ok to! My daughter is 20 months old and she has only went on her potty 2 times, but its a start! Good luck and remember its still early..so if they arent ready just yet then theres still time!
    madisonsmom7197

Answer by madisonsmom7197 at 1:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My dd started at 2 then quit til she was 3. I know it is early but they seem to want to. So I thought about buying training pants and giving it a try. Also, it would be nice to only have one in diapers instead of 3.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 1:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Can't hurt to give it a shot. I thought my boys were ready at 21 mos but they weren't. They're 28 mos and I still don't think they're ready. We're going to try this summer when it's warmer and they don't have to wear as much clothing.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009