This may sound like a silly question but................

we are planning a vacation this summer and I was wondering if I have to purchase a ticket for my 3 year old.....also we will need to bring his car seat along for riding in the car when we get to our destination....so can I bring the car seat on the plane.
Thanks

tambam75

Asked by tambam75 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Travel

• Yes, you'll have to purchase a plain ticket for your 3 y/o and yea you can bring his car seat as a carry on.
    Anonymous

• Um I'm pretty sure that a 3 year old in a car in Canada would be at the same risks as ones in the car in the US so I'm gonna say yeah go ahead and take that. But yes, by age 3 most airlines require that you buy a ticket and I do believe you can take the carseat on the plane.
    Anonymous

• depending on the airline, you will have to buy him a ticket, and his carseat will go on as checked baggage, but you take it all the way to the gate with you and they put it on right when you board, that way you get it right when you land...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes, over the age of 2 the child needs there own seat. I have never taken a car seat on the plane. My child just gets buckled in like everyone else. If you need to take the car seat then you will check it in with your baggage.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:34 AM on Mar. 25, 2009

• Under 2 is free or half price for a seat. It's not the law to have them in a car seat, but I would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Mar. 31, 2009