Conception Date Fears... Help?

So my doctor said I conceived on 1/14/09. Which makes sense because both the 13th and the 14th me and my SO had a very steamy time.

I'm extremely concerned though, and afraid, because I had an affair the week before. Either on the 7th or the 8th with another person. He wore a condom but some leaked.

Is it possible for the doctor to be wrong? Or for me to have conceived from the prior week?

Please help! I really need to be sure if I can continue with the pregnancy. :(

(Please no bashing)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your periods are irregular than the conception date is probably not 100% accurate. See, if your period started on Dec. 30, then the doctor is saying you conceived 2 weeks from that date. But not everyone ovulates on day 14 of their cycle. You could have ovulated later or earlier. Sperm can live inside you for 3-5 days so either person could be the father depending on when you actually ovulated. I think the best thing to do is be honest with your partner now and he is more likely to fogive you now than later. As time goes on, they can tell approx. conception by how the baby is measuring too. That can give you a more accurate date. And when the baby is born, if you want a paternity test for your SO you can get one to be sure. But maybe he won't care and just chose to be the father no matter what.
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 1:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• When was your period?
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 12:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That is a hard thing for me to be sure. But I think it was 12/30 - 1/4. I've never been really regular so I'm not 100% sure. Could a doctor figure that out by the urine test?
    Anonymous

• thats to close together...does your SO know about u cheating? idk what to tell you...u really shouldnt cheat
    Anonymous

• Listen....If the DR said U made that baby on the 14th and you had sex that day....Go with the DR the odds of the affair fathering the baby I doubt....He wore a condom...I am sure not much got out....it might not even had been his spunk it could be your stuff and your mixing up the 2....I think if your having unsafe sex with ur hubby and that is what the DR said go with it.....Its not by chance they guessed that date..... GL
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 12:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think it's a good chance you conceived when the doctor said. When the doctor told me the conception date with my son, I know for a fact that it was the exact date of conception so, I think it's pretty accurate.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Sperm can live if your vagina for 7 days, so you probably need to tell your SO AND the man you cheated with that there is a possibility that your SO isn't the father. I'm sorry you have to go through all that stress but you have to do whats best for your child.
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 12:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• it not always 100% because my doc told be I conceived in the end of April then he said the 1 week of May so no one really knows
    Anonymous

• Did you get your date of conception from a paper wheel chart or from an ultrasound? The two can yield very different results. And you could have gotten pregnant as late as the 11th from the first guy or as early as the 13th from your SO. Too close to tell IMO. You really should come clean now before he finds out months later.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• See if you can get an ultrasound to tell the date more accurately. Good luck. This is a tough and stressful situation to deal with.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009