What were you doing when you went into labor?

And did it feel like anything how tv portrays it like when the woman all of a sudden grabs her stomach like omg ow!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was in the hospital being induced :)
    Anonymous

• trying to sleep!!!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not at all. The pain gradually increased. It wasn't a sudden "OMG my water broke and the baby's coming!" I was uncomfortable all day. Then that night, I was trying to get comfy for bed but just couldn't. It got worse and worse. I didn't deliver til the night after.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No the tv shows are so overdramatized!! My contractions started while I was walking the mall at 7pm. I didn't go to the hospital until 10am the next day.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I guess I was asleep when I started having contractions. I woke up at 6am when my fiance got home and they were about 7 minutes apart.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 1:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was asleep! When I woke up, they were about 3 minutes apart already.
    AndiG

Answer by AndiG at 4:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i was laying in the hospital bed right after the dr broke my water. its not a sudden "oh my god the baby is gona be here any second!!" it gradually gets worse over time.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 4:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• um i woke up to pee and my water broke on the toilet..I was a bit confused it was a odd feeling ....nsae thing the second time it broke when i was sleeping ...my first one was a omg moment but labor only lasted 3 hours my second was nope ... it took over twelve
    smilingmomma

Answer by smilingmomma at 8:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009