Can your water break and you not feel any contractions/or pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes. just like you can have contractions without your water breaking. if you think your water broke see your doctor asap. even if you think its silly do it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes, you can have contractions and not feel them. When my water broke I didn't feel contractions (though I did feel pressure). I was surprised when they hooked me up to the monitor and saw that I was having regular contractions every 3-5 minutes.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• With my first I woke up at 2am and I thought I had wet myself.....I just though I was leaking pee. So I got up and changed my undies and went back to bed....about 10 minutes later I felt myself peeing again....I had no idea what was happening. I called the hospital and they said to change myself and see if it happens again, so I did and again it happened. I got up went to the hospital and they tested the fluid that was coming out of me.....MY WATER HAD BROKE. No contrations, No pain, No big gush.....it just felt like I was leaking...a little here....a little there....NOTHING STEADY.
    So yes it is possible and it happened to me.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes! It happened to me too. My water broke and about 2 hours later I starting feeling like I was in labor. Actually I never even had typical contractions. I had all back labor. So it is possible!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yeah. But more times the water breaking happens after labor starts.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my water broke & i didnt have any contractions for over 24 hours...so they had to induce me. i wasnt even sure if my water had broke. just call the hospital when/if you think your waters broke...they will tell you wither to come in or not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• yup that happend to me my water broke on sunday night and they tested me to see if my water broke and it came out postive my ob dr checked me and said there was still a bag of water so he sent me hoe misni]te i went to bed woke up at 7so am and went to the bathreoom and then i was still leaking i told my mom that this it and had no contractions or i didnt feel them ik sent to my ob drs office and he he checked me and he induced then i really felt the contractions then i was in labor for 5 hours
    zoeysmommy09

Answer by zoeysmommy09 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2009