What do I do if my 19 mo old isn't eating?

She won't eat anything and I can't get her off the bottle. Lately thats all she's been wanting and its frustrating last week she puked a couple times but she doesn't seem like she's sick. No fever, runny nose but pretty clear, a lil fussy but nothin out of the usual. Oh and she didn't wanna take a nap yesterday or go to bed last night. I need help! I don't know whats wrong with her. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• "It's best to limit the amount of cow's milk that your child receives to 2-3 cups (16-24 ounces) per day, since too much cow's milk in a child's diet can put him at risk for iron-deficiency anemia (because milk can interfere with the absorption of iron) and may decrease the child's desire for other foods." From http://kellymom.com/nutrition/solids/toddler-foods.html#cowmilk

Limit the milk to no more than 24 ounces a day. Offer bottles of water after that, and keep offering her other foods without any pressure. Some toddlers at this age really eat very little unless they are going through a growth spurt. She may be cutting some molars right now.
    One good trick is to fill an ice cube tray with healthy little finger foods and have it out for her to nibble on.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster. I cut back my son's milk intake when he was that age. Unfortunately, now he doesn't like milk too much. Try offering little amounts of food more frequently. Remember their tummies are only the size of their fists. I have been giving him Kid's Boost plus Immunity to help since he still doesn't like eating much.
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Ditto to what both maggiemom and sophiedrewsmom said.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009