Late Period and 2 negative home pregnancy tests...any advice?

I am 7 days late today...took a 2nd hpt today and it came up clearly negative...I am always regular...on and off the patch. I've been off the patch since December and have had regular periods since...until this month. My husband and I are trying to conceive so this is very stressful...I so want to be pregnant or at least show signs either way. I am not having any symptoms of my period like I normally get at least a week before, nor am I having any pregnancy symptoms. (maybe one...I'm peeing alot more than normal...but i'm also trying to keep up on my water intake)...I'm hopeful that I am pregnant and the tests are just not showing yet...

any advice or words of wisdom?

jds285

Asked by jds285 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm not familiar with the BC patch. So I don't know if that is causing you to be late or not. What pregnancy test are you using? I know First Response Early Result is good at detecting low levels of HCG and usually pretty realiable. I would call your doctor if you period has not arrived by next week, once you are 2 full weeks late. I hope everything turns out okay for you. Keep me posted.
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 12:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• it took me ot be 8 weeks pg b4 it showed up on a home test...maybe you should go get a blood test done
    Anonymous

• Yeah I agree with the blood test if you don't want to wait any longer. Good Luck!
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 12:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• that was EXACTLY my question.... i am 8 days late, 2nd hpt is negative, no signs of period, or pregnancy..... and i am super stressed.... :(
    i have a doctor's appointment this wednesday... i think you should see ur doctor and see what he has to say.
    good luck
    Anonymous

• i had the same problem and ended up 3 weeks late but it came and i never late, i am thinking stress and i was trying as well. Good luck
    greeneyemommy

Answer by greeneyemommy at 2:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was also on the patch. I went off in May 2008 and found out I was pregnant in August. I was also late with my period. My period was always around the 6th. I took at home pregnancy tests and they were negative till I took one around the 12th of August. Which is the full cycle of my period, 6 days. I also took a test at the doctor's office the same day and it was positive too.
    Since you are 7 days late I would wait a few more days. Then see what happens if you don't start your period then I would go to your family doctor.
    I had pregnancy symptoms before I knew I was pregnant I was throwing up 2 days before I found out. Good luck!!!
    newmom2be202

Answer by newmom2be202 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I am now 9 days late...no signs that my period is coming...I've gained 5 lbs since I've been to the doctor last...March 18th. I called my doctor yesterday and they told me to wait one more week and then test again. Give them a call if postive...I did just have carpel tunnel surgery, but not stressed about it...I've been through alot of stress in the past and still conceived my first child. I'm having the daily stressors but nothing that should offset my period. I'm getting more stressed not knowing :)
    jds285

Answer by jds285 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 25, 2009