How much has the invasion of Iraq cost the American taxpayer?

Besides the losses of our soldiers' lives, does anyone know how to find the dollar amount we have paid out so far?
How much more will we be spending in Iraq?

ddbz

Asked by ddbz at 12:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

• i know we have spent billions, not only for the troops but for the reconstruction on the country that attacked us and has killed thousands of our people. id look at cnn or something for the exact amount, they discuss it alot. i know we will be spending more because the last to pres' have no idea on how to run a country right without putting it in a depression
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• 600Billion. My educated guess.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Obama spent more in 2 months that Bush did in Iraq. Impressive.
    Anonymous

• You're right, anon. I wonder how many lives Obama's spending has cost? Any guesses?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• That was me, I don't know why it showed up anon.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Obama is also sending more troops to Afghanistan so hmm don't be hypocritical.He will also cost us lives who could perservere to accomplish their goals by their own efforts.Big government programs tend to kill ambition.
    Anonymous

• LOL - although the loss of life is regrettable, the financial argument is separate and void b/c that's what Obama spends over breakfast each morning.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Oh, its only over $5,000 a household. I am sure NO ONE will complain when they can fund the money to kill people in the name of "clearing terrorist"(?). But everyone has plenty of time to complain when they are paying taxes that go towards Medicaid so that poor babies can get vaccinated, or for food stamps so unemployed parents can buy food (if I read another "we should decide what they buy to eat" post I am going to punch someone in the face!). Everyone will carry on about what "they" feel is a "injustice" (just as I am now). But they sure have no issue ignoring where BILLIONS of dollars are going while they sweat over the handing away of other BILLIONS.
    Anonymous

Wow, you dislike him that much that you research how much his breakfast cost? You sure its dislike? or is it obsession?

With such a "witty" comment, I hope its your personal taxes that increase to that he can go with the optional strawberry jam for his toast.

How could you in the same breath mention the loss of others loved ones and then throw in your "joke" about the presidents breakfast? Are kidding me? You must have never lost a loved one to the cruel joke of War.
    Anonymous