Is cleaning the house considered exercise activity to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• most defiantly it is exercising. I vacuum, dust, clean bathrooms, etc. every day.
    SyndiB

Answer by SyndiB at 1:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Depends, am I washing dishes and straightening up or am I moving furniture to vacuum and dust under it. If I work up a sweat, I consider it exercise. If I don't sweat, it isn't.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I do with the vacuuming. Going up and down the stairs to do laundry almost every day.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• It is considering exercising. You can burn a lot of calories by doing house work. Picking up toys is pretty good exercise.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 1:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Not to me...now the 6 miles I walk a day...thats exersice.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 3:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes, it is.
    I read once that just walking around a bed multiple times to change the sheets and remake it is exercise. Going up and down the stairs multiple times is good exercise. There are some chores that don't exercise your body, such as washing dishes or pushing a vacuum, but you can do some lunges while you sweep and mop.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2009