My 9 mos. old daughter is not sleeping through the night? Any thoughts?

I read that a child can go through sleep disruption when they are just about to crawl, which she is. But she will be awake and cry for 1-2 hours sometimes on and off. Of course I check on her and sometimes rock her back to sleep but I am very sleep deprived and I need some advice and what I can do to help her sleep through the night. Any thoughts and experiences or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

DansinQueen2

Asked by DansinQueen2 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My little one was sleeping through the night also she was eight months old. She got up once or twice and i would feed her. i couldn't take it any more so i let her cry. i know its hard but i just let her cry i would wait a few mintues go in don't pick her up don't say a word just lay her back down and walk out. it took a few nights and that worked for us.
    Good luck
    pattyogreen579

Answer by pattyogreen579 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We did the cry it out method too, it was recommended by our peditrician. He gave us some reading on it and we decided to try and it worked. It took a few days and he was a much better sleeper. But every so often he has his moments where I have to go back to this method. It's heart breaking at first but once you and the baby are sleeping you'll see it was worth it.
    Anonymous

• I didn't know that about when they are getting ready to crawl. I have just started NOT feeding my 6 month old whenever she wakes up, I was pretty slow at learning that. She would have plenty to eat and not need to be fed, but just want the comfort. So I started going in there and patting her on the back or rocking her and getting her back to sleep. It took a little less each time and she'd go back to sleep. Good luck, I know it sucks and you feel like you are going nuts from sleep deprivation.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 3:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009