WHY do I feel this way??

Some day's I feel like I just DON'T want to take care of my son. He's 9 months old and very clingy. I can't do anything around the house without him whining and crying for my attn. I know this is some what normal, he is still a baby..but my nerves are so SHOT after a full day taking care of him with no help, when he has these bad whiny day's. Any other mom's feel this way at all? I just feel so frustrated and some day's, like I want to rip my hair out and cry! I've GOT to get my cleaning done during the day, I'm too tired to do it at night when he's sleeping and his naps suck..he sleep's for half hour in the morn and a half hour in the aftrn..if I'm lucky 1 hr. But it's not long enough to do everything at all. I just want to know that I'm not alone and other mother's out there feel like crying, pulling hair out, and just quitting some days :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know that some moms may disagree with this. But if your baby is crying for your attn ALL day just because you arent focused on him, its time for some tough love. Don't go to him right when he cries. Give him 5 minutes..maybe even wait until he stops crying. Right now if you go to him everytime he cries it is the only way he will communicate with you, and the only way he knows to get your attention.
    I would look up some techniques and see what will work best for you. Good luck..hope you get some advice on how to help your situation.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Hey they need time away from you just like you need from them.. Dont beat yourself up mama... Everyone in there right mind goes through something like this... Just hang in there take a walk around the mall and window shop..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• have you talked to your doc about PPD?
    Anonymous

• He's 9 months old. I don't have PPD..but thank you for the suggestion, I'm never depressed and i spend half the day playing with him..and sucking him up. This I believe is the cause. I'm not really looking for suggestions..I just wanted to know that I'm not alone! Kinda feel's like I'm not wanting to be a mom when I get upset about his crying..that's what's depressing I'm beating myself up too much. But thank you for the words of encouragement above! That helps me so much.
    Anonymous

• You are not alone and any one who says they've never felt this way is a liar. We all have a breaking point. However, I've recently been really sick and unable to take care of my son, my family, and my home. Other people had to step in and I was very grateful and it taught me something.......it's not that big a deal if all the work gets done. It's not that big a deal if I can't get to something today. You need to stop expecting so much from your self and just spend the time focusing on the things that are important to you.

Anonymous

• My baby is 9 months as well and he's been driving me crazy, even at night. He'll wake up and cry every other hour in the middle of the night. I have no idea what is up with his fussiness but he's making me nuts. If I put him down, he cries. If I put him in his highchair, he cries. If I put him in his walker, he cries of course. There is no winning with him and I'm turning into a crazy person. I have to let him cry it out, otherwise, I'll lose my mind. So please don't feel pressured into answering every single little cry or getting everything done at once. You're a mother, not superman.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• maybe post pardum
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i felt the same way- i would tell myself I can't do this anymore- But when you think this - tell your self, I AM doing it. Therefore i can do it.-
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• He never used to be so clingy! I think maybe it has a bit to do with teething, but I know him so well, I can tell when it's a pain cry..hungry cry..and pick me up now cry. So perhaps it's some phase they go through??
    Anonymous

• I'm not saying that you have PPD, because to me it just sounds like you need a break here and there, but PPD can affect you for about a year after you deliver.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2009