People who smoke with their kids in the car get fined starting April 1st.

Is this for all states? I hope so.
Link below in reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Anonymous

• We already have this in AR and in OK...

HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Smoking laws are done individually by state, not by the federal gov't.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Smoking laws are state defined, however, your article is Canadian. So even if it were a federal mandate, it wouldn't apply here. However, there are some states that already have this law in effect.
    Anonymous

• http://www.counton2.com/cbd/news/local/local_govtpolitics/article/bill_would_make_it_illegal_to_smoke_in_car_with_kids/21670/

This outlines what states have what laws already and what states are considering it.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• About fucking time! Parents can smoke all they want but should NOT damage their children over their selfish choices!

I think Fl just implemented this, I don't know. A friend of the family got a ticket for it in a city near my parents. I hadn't heard they passed it though (we moved).

My DH, who smokes, agrees with this too. He's been a smoker for years and doesn't understand why people just can't wait.. He doesn't smoke in the house, or our cars!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I reckon it is state by state, but what a great law! I agree with it. I always hated seeing people smoking in cars with children present
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• GOOD!!! They should get more than a fine IMO
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 2:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think it is good as well. I know it is not the law here. Wish it was. Our state is just now working on being smoke free in public places. Our hospitals just became smoke free on the grounds. WI needs to get tougher on the smoking laws! I hope it comes to be the same for smoking in the home with your kids as well. My hubby smokes but NEVER indoors or in the van! I think it is selfish and irresponsible.

momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 2:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Really people should just think! They would never smoke in their home where their kids breathe the air, but they will smoke in a tiny "box" (the car,) where there is lots less airspace, and the kids are in it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2009