what kind of bible would be good for a 3 yr old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The "My First Bible" types that just tell different stories in the order the Bible tells them. Lots a pictures and simple stories basically.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My kids both got a "My First Bible" on their first birthday from my aunt.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• aren't you starting your child a lil bit to quickly?
    Anonymous

• The op here is there a website i can order 1 for my child?
    Anonymous

• i agree w/ anon above- don't shove it down their throat yet.
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Check these out on Amazon. You might find one you like. You could even get it used and get more than a couple. And its never too early to instill priciples and values that are important to you. Spiritual or not.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• *snicker*

......none.

Seriously, though, buy a Bible-themed story books. Three-year-olds can't read, and odds are, if you buy them a giant scary Bible, they aren't going to be reaching for that at story time, anyway. Get a Bible storybook and read it TO your toddler, if you insist on indoctrinating your children so early in life.
    nuclear_sugar

Answer by nuclear_sugar at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The OP here, I'm not going to force my child to do anything, but i have found that he is interted in it, My 3 yr old has been throwing fits cause hes been wating to go to this preschool church on sunday and on w-day so last week i let him join instead of putting him in the daycare part and he really enjoyed it even and he was interested in this story bible that this child had , so i thought i would get him one to see how he feels..
    Anonymous

• My 4 year old has an Adventure Bible (6-9 years old). He loves to be able to carry it around with him. I can read stories out of the Bible that use words he knows and soon enough he'll be able to read it and understand it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My boys love our children picture bibles. They love the story of Noah with all the animals best. I would find a picture children bible. They even have some cute board style books you can buy. I get most of mine from Autom (http://www.autom.com/) on the Internet here. I have also found cute books at our Family Dollar store. They are nice and cheap so if the rip them I can afford to buy more. It is never to early to introduce God to your children. I read from the bible to my kids from birth.

momfourboys

Answer by momfourboys at 2:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2009