I need to know

If I got pregnant August 4th, does May 16th make sense as my due date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How do you know you got pregnant on that exact day? May 11th would make more sense... according to a due date calculator. May 16th isn't a bad day and if your OB things your due may 16th, thats better because they wont want to rush for an induction on may 11th :P
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• if you got pregnant on aug 4 then you would be due may 11. just remember that you due date is not your delevery date.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes, that's nine months. A due date is just an estimate though...they base it on your last period, not when you had sex and fertilized the egg.
    Anonymous

• that sounds about right...i got pregnant some time in july..i dont know the EXACT date lol.but my due date is April 22nd..(not that ill make it lol)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• The online due date calculators say April 27th. They go by lmp though. Have you had an ultrasound? What does your dr say? If 8/4 was your lmp, then your due date would be 5/16
    Anonymous

• may 14th is what i come up with...you do know that doctors could be off by 2 weeks...unless you ONLY had sex around that time then they are never going to be exact
    Anonymous

• Count back 38 weeks from your due date and that will give you the estimated date of conception. August 23rd is the right day...remember your doctor adds 2 weeks, pregnancy is counted by ovulation date.
    Anonymous

• hey misskellee we have the same due date!!! i go in today to get checked again and try to flip the baby! last time i was checked was 2 weeks ago and i was 2-3 cm and effacing! i hope i have the baby this saterday...i want a march baby and the 28th just sounds like a good day:) i cant wait:)

and i come up with may 11 on my thing to but the 16 is only 5 days off so i dont think a weeks is going to make a diffrence
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 2:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I gave the dr. my LMP date of August 18th. He said I measured a little bit farther along (he said i was measuring between 10 and 11 weeks). and gave me a due date of may 16th. I'm trying to figure out if I got pregnant august 4th or august 23rd....
    Anonymous

• If you had sex on either of those days, it wouldn't matter. It takes 10-14 days for implantation.. so even with the egg fertilized you get two weeks added because it can take 2 weeks for implantation to occur.

It doesn't matter if your due date says may 16th, or may 1st. Baby will come when baby is ready. It's hard to figure out when you got pregnant based on LMP or even how you are measuring. A dating u/s is usually more accurate, when done in the first month or two of pregnancy, but those are unnecessary. If you had one done, go by that due date.

I know my due date is correct, based on a 39 week pregnancy, because my DH came home August 13. I was on my period until the 15th... we had sex almost everyday but I got a positive HPT on September 7th. So I know I got pregnant sometime between the 13th and 18th lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009