how can a single, jobless, mother with medical problems get money for a place to live for myself and my son?

my son and i are on the verge of being kicked out. i have no job not much money, no place to go. i also have a medical problem, and my son is ADHD. if anyone can help me i would be really thankful. please im in serous need of help.

lovelyladyroe

Asked by lovelyladyroe at 1:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think every state may be different, but in MA, there are emergency (on the spot) cash funds through Welfare.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Check with the churches in your area.
    Anonymous

• You can see if you qualify for SSI. It's not much, but it's something, and if you qualify for that you can also get medicaid (at least in most cases).
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Most states have some sort of Temporary Cash Assistance program. Just do a search for (your state) government assistance. Usually you answer a few questions, and they'll tell you what kind of assistance you *may* qualify for, then you've got the option to apply to the assistance you need. Also, look around for low income housing, section 8 (which usually has waiting lists months, if not years long, so get on that quick) or other programs in your area.
    Also, if you're interested, I know of a job online you can apply for. It's a *job* not a business (although I can get you hooked up with an online home business, too, if you'd like), but it's completely online. PM me if you'd like to look more into these, and good luck to you momma, keep your head up
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• all i can say is good luck if you neeed to talk im here
    smilingmomma

Answer by smilingmomma at 4:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009