Are you what and who you expected to be now that you have grown up?

I am kind of, I am a mother, a wife, honestly I never really did care much about career, now that my kids are getting older, I think I do want my own career. Just figuring out what to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• in elementary school- i always thought i would be a brain surgeon and would marry a lawyer- Well i'm not and hes not. talk about setting your sites high:)
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I feel the same way as you who asked this question. Always wanted to be a mommy and I'll go back to work one day.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No not at all. I wanted to do so many things when I was younger. Things like Court Reporting and Legal Secretary but I ended up working in a grocery store for many years and worked for a short time as a Leasing Agent. Had my first child and career thoughts left me quickly. However, Im very happy in my current position. I now work from home thanks to my dh and his successful lifeline business.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Hmmm...there are some things I probably have done backward, but most of the things in my life turned out the way I planned. I'm with the person I wanted to be with, but I figured we would be married before we had kids and we've got the kids but not the paperwork...lol. He is doing the work he wanted to do, but without the degree. I've got the degree I thought I wanted, but not the job...turns out I hated the work once I entered the field. I'm back in school, and even though I never pictured myself teaching, it is what I want to do. I don't know...it all works out. We're happy, so I suppose it is going the way it is supposed to.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No, alas. I wanted to teach in a university and live on a beautiful campus in a small house and have a big office with dark paneled walls lined with books and a huge wooden desk and a secretary in the front room. I'd be a full professor and I'd mentor the students who would become famous doctors and physicists, and I'd attend concerts and lectures and plays on campus and entertain foreign and domestic dignitaries and go to the sports events and attend graduations in my cap and gown. Instead I quit my job to raise my children and took a part time job teaching fitness and line dancing to older people and was never motivated to teach at a university since I like the people I teach so much. I love my husband, my children are settled and seem happy. I enjoy my grandchildren. I am still surrounded by books, but not academic books- mysteries and science fiction. A good life, just not what I'd dreamed.

Answer by Bmat at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I didnt receieve the best guidance when it came to school, but I did go to college, graduated, thinking oneday I'd be working with mass media, especially on the radio. Then I met someone and we moved down south together but eventually broke up. Then I started being a bar fly and met many of my current friends from those places. I ended up being a partier. Then I got into trouble with the law. Once that was all over I met my current BF, we got preggo and here I am today LOL wow that really summed it up aye? But to answer your question...no! but I always hoped to have children oneday. I have a clean slate, i dont party, and I have a beautiful son. I couldnt be happier. I am a sahm, but hope oneday to work in the mass media field
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• No, i never wanted to have children. Oh well. Things change.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 2:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Mm.. no.. At first I wanted to be the president.. then I decided on establishing a career as a forensic psychologist then getting married then having three red haired boys named "Ethan, Owen and Elliot" instead I got my degree in Communication studies with a concentration in Public Relations and Journalism, got pregnant in my last semster in school, then got engaged, and didn't proceed to start a career in the fashion industry until my blonde hair blue eyed daughter was 6 months old, and now I'm still not married... Sheesh.. That's life for you.
    Mom2vanna

Answer by Mom2vanna at 2:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Nope. I am a damn good mom, but I am not happily married nor am I a teacher like I wanted to be. As a matter of fact, I have no relationship, only 1 kid and am underemployed and going back to school with the goal of a Masters in Social Work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2009