Onlien bill pay

Have you ever used online bill pay through your bank? I just started last week and have only issued like 3 payments and one of the places is saying that they havn't received there payment yet. It would have gone out like last monday or tuesday. I guess it wouldbe like they issued a check since they don't have e-bills. What happens if they place says they didn't receive the payment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• If they place is saying they haven't received it, call your bank and the dept that handles bill pay can research it. Bill pay is usually handled by a different company, so it's not your actual bank that issues the check (most of the time). Also, if you plan on using bill pay, I would give yourself at least a week or so in advance to schedule the payment to make sure your payment gets to where it's going on time. I actually just used bill pay for the first time a few weeks ago, and it got to where it was going just fine. I used to work at a credit union and dealt w/ bill pay a lot......
    Anonymous

• I use online bill pay all the time. It takes a little getting used to, but I love it.

Check your pay history. Somewhere it should say when the payment should be received. If it is past that date, call your bank. They take it from there and deal with company. Make sure to always check the estimated arrival date before you submit the payment. If you need the payment in sooner, then contact the company directly.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I only use my bank's online bill pay for things I can't pay online elsewhere. My car payment is set up electronically with the bank and will go out the same day I set it up for. My storage payment is set up to send out a paper check and it takes several days to process and mail, so I have to be sure I set it up at least a week ahead of time. You might want to see if your payments are set up electronically or as a paper check.

Plus... where I work, we get payments that were set up through online banking and sometimes it is VERY difficult to determine who made the payment or what account it goes to. You need to make sure that you are providing your bank all the necessary information - account numbers, etc., so that the company receiving the payment has enough info to process the payment.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009