What do you feed your 21month old?

I feel like I am running out of things to feed my daughter who is 21 month's going on 22. I feel like it is the same thing and she is almost not eating it anymore, but when I try something new she is hesitating and not eating.

She has also wined down on getting her milk in - we are still doing whole milk.

How do I get more food in for her, and her actually eating it? What do you feed your baby/toddler?

DMSOSA

Asked by DMSOSA at 1:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Everything we eat. :) She snacks through out the day. Has cereal in the am with a little bit of milk, and drinks water and a small amount of juice. She eats mac and cheese, homemade or organic boxed. She eats yogurt in the am too. She loves toast, and waffles, and pastas and some veggies and fruits. When I cook dinner, she eats it always.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my oldest ate anytthing we put in front of him. my younger 2 were very picky and would eat less and less the more I introduced. so I stucck with only giving what I knew they liked and just introducing 1 new thing a month- just once a month- when they got older they were better at triyng new thiings. I didn't want food to become a battle.
    and gave them their vitmains
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 1:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My 22 month old eats: cheese, fish sticks, pasta of any kind, yogurt smoothies, asparagus, green beans, corn on the cob, hummus, bell peppers, grilled cheese, turkey sandwiches, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti-os, pickels, squash, zucchini, okra, all kinds of rice, salads, peaches, pears, apples, pizza (homemade), shrimp, squid, crawfish, chicken gumbo, soups, cereal, baked potatoes, hashbrowns, omlets, spinach, and lots of other things.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I feed my boys everything we eat with the exception of dairy products because one is allergic and with two year old twins, it's just easier that way.
    I used to always make something I knew they'd eat like chicken nuggets but we were in such a toddler rut I decided to change my ways. Now I just make what I'm going to make and if they eat, great, if not, that's ok because they won't starve. They'll get hungry and eat.
    Perfect example: last night I made spaghetti and meatballs and they barely touched it. Gave it to them today for lunch and they 'CHOWED DOWN"!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Stage 3 plus table food per doctors request because my son had started losing weight because he is a picky eater ....he would rather play. He started gaining weight and is in good health.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 3:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• table food (whatever we eat), but if it's too spicy or if she's eating lunch without us, it's:
    chunks of avocado (she loves it)
    mac n cheese (Aunt Annie's)
    veggie burgers
    pita, hummus, falafel and a million calamata olives
    turkey hotdogs or chicken/apple sausage
    pb&j (only recently) or grilled cheese
    fish sticks or chicken nuggets
    frozen pizza (we get it from Trader Joe's so it has good veggies and wheat crust)
    all served with some steamed (usually from frozen) veggies, some fresh fruit (on a good day) or, on a rushed day, some stage 2 veggies and fruits, which she still loves.
    Her favorite dinners we eat together are marinated, baked fish and couscous. Maybe she has strange taste!
    breakfast is an omelette, a bowl of cereal, or a waffle, usually with yogurt.

I find they go in and out of wanting to try new things. Just keep trying.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2009