At what age should a child start going down tall slides?

I have a daughter who will turn 2 next month. My husband doesn't think she is old enough to even attempt to try going down the higher slides at parks. He thinks I should not allow her to ever attempt it. Is this age too young and if so, what age did you allow your kids to go down the big slides?

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 1:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• When they can do it easily by themselves without needing any help.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my son 27 months and he goes down the tall slides and curvy ones, he has been for a few months now.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I think whenever they can do it on their own. My youngest turned 2 in January. He started going down the tall slides on his own. He has never really liked the "baby" slides, he always liked when I took him up on the big slides. He climbs up on the equipment all on his own and slides down. His 4 yo brother just now started going down the big slides...he was afraid to go down them. I think each child is different. If your daughter isn't afraid to do the big slides and can do it on her own, I say let her.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 1:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Depends on the kid. My youngest loves slides and at 18 months was climbing up and going down the big ones on her own. We went to the park yesterday for the first time since winter started and she was a little scared to try them. She'll be 3 next month but by the end of the day she was going down on her own.
    You'll never know if they can handle it if they never try it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009