Cops, Fights, was I wrong? Threatening to leave a baby alone?

My supposed best friend is babysiting for me while my DH and I go see a movie… So we’re at the movies and she is texting me about her BF and how he didn’t buy her anything for her bday so I assume this means she wants me to text him. So I say you seriously didn’t buy anything for your gf? Then she texts me and tells me im a bad friend blah blah I assume this caused them sometype of argument and she tell me I’m leaving. Come home now. Isay calm down, and try to call her. No answer, isay answer the phone and she saysi’m not waiting im walking out the door now. Then I try to call and say I need to knoyoull be there when I get back or ill need to call the police. She says what thell are they going to do, I’m out. So we call the cops and I’m in the car on the way home 20 minutes away and nonstop she is texting me hurryup, I’m gone. Blah blah.
Continued.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Hell NO you weren't wrong. If it had been my child there would have been no denying I beat her ass because she would have been laid out in the front yard. You don't mess with someones kids. You had every right to do what you did and I applaud you for standing up for yourself and you your child. Kudos to you. AND for the record I would have pressed charges.
    TaterNJo0sMommy

Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 1:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• OP continued--- SO I get home and she is on her way out the door as we pull up, before she even knew we’d be back. Okay so basically I see her, and I lose it. I start yelling how dare you threaten or attempt to leave my 16 month old alone sleeping in this house. You're supposed to be my friend, I dont care what I've done you dont harm a baby like that. Then she iis yelling, you read the damn texts wrong blah blah, and I said THATS WHY I SAID ANSWER THE PHONE to make sure... Then I shove her, and start trying to kill her when DH pulls me off, finally I go inside, and the cops show up, They talk to my DH and ask where I am...at this point I thought I was going to jail for beating her up or whatever but they wanted to know what happened. I showed them all the texts and all they kept saying was we understand, oh my god, and asked me if I wanted to press charges!
    Anonymous

• OP- continued.

They told her that they didnt see me hurt her, and no one else was admitting to anything but she could get charges for neglect or something.
    So was I crazy for my reaction? She was completely wrong right? I tried to call and make sure and she kept ignoring my calls... I cant believe tihs was my best friend..... cant trust anyone...
    Anonymous

• You weren't wrong at all. If it had been me, she would have been going to jail. How dare she do that to a little baby. That is so messed up.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• She wouldn't be my friend much longer....

I wouldn't have tried to kill her or beat her. I would have marche dinto the house, exchanged nasty words with her, and taken my kid home with me immediately.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Honestly --- sounds like both of you need to calm down & grow up a little bit.

To me... the texting shouldn't have ever been going on to begin with. She's babysitting so that you & your husband can have some "couple" time. No texting to begin with = no fight in the end.

At any rate, definately mark that one off the friends' list permanently.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Well I guess that is a chance you take leaving your child with someone that is not family.
    Anonymous

• wow thats harsh! I WOULDA BEAT THE BITCHES ASS TOO THO! What kind of friend is that if she tried leaving a baby alone?! No I don't blame you for doing what you had to do for your childs safety and she deserved to get her ass beat. I would press charges against her too even if you did beat her up.
    Anonymous

• You did the right thing. I would have reacted the same way except I wouldn't of hit her. I would of just kicked her out and told her she just lost a good friend!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Con anon 1:58 Oh and its her fault for not answering your calls either.
    Anonymous