Going On A Trip For A Few Days.

This summer My family and my Brother-in-laws family are going on a trip. We live in Maine and are traveling to Boston. Its going to be around a 4 hr drive and we're staying overnight in 2 different places..My daughter will be 2 at that time and we will have my step-daughter who is 8..also along will be my niece who is 3 and my nephew who will be 22 months. My question is..what sorta things would you bring along for the ride for them to do? This will also be my little girls first time sleeping away from home..I think she will be just fine, but I was wondering if there was anything I can do or bring that might make her nights a little easier being in a different place?

madisonsmom7197

Asked by madisonsmom7197 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her own blanket and pillow. Anything that she normally sleeps with because then it will seem more like home, and it will smell more like home. My 2 year old niece loves to watch movies in the car and I just drove 25 hours with her and my 11 month old. A 4 hour drive should be nothing.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We just went out of town for the weekend (a 8 hr drive) with our 13 mo old & 8 yr old. Take familiar things for your little ones, blankets, sippy cup/bottle ect.....we took a small cooler with juice & milk. if you have one a portable DVD with kid movies/shows. Our 13 mo old slept almost the whole time in the car & at night was soo exhausted from all the new sights he slept fine at night, I would recommend leaving a night light on so if they do wake up it's not as scary. Good luck.......
    earthturtle

Answer by earthturtle at 7:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2009