Do you wash at home or go to washateria

Do you have washer and dryer at home or have to go to washateria? I have both at home, but somethime i still go to washateria to wash my whites because our water at home is so bad and turns whites off color. And bleach doesn't work on that. Any one else have a perfectly fine washer and dryer at home and still have to go to washateria for somethings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• nope we've got a washer and dryer here at the house. our house is fairly new so we have the laundry room upstairs.. what a blessing that is. im actually doing some laundry right now lol. it seems never ending around here.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 2:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• are your washer&dryer or pipes rusted? that could cause discoloration in clothes.

BTW a Washateria is a laundr-o-mat.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 2:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We go to the laundry mat when my husband military gear needs to be washed or for large blankets. Or if I'm in a hurry to get a lot of things washed at once, like I went to visit for family when my nephew was diagnosed with brain cancer, and my flight left two days after I found out and that was my usualy laundry day, so I gathered up a few loads of laundry and spent two hours at the laundry mat. I was able to get more done at one time and it gave me a chance to get out of the house and clear my head for a few minutes.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Our king size comforter won't fit in our washing machine. That's about the only thing I wash at the laundrymat.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• We go when the husband has clothes that have gotten so dirty, I refuse to put them in the washer. my mother has water that discolors her whites. It has nothing to do with the pipes, she has well water,they gave her something to put in the water with the laundry to stop it. I am not sure what it is, but I can find out if anyone is interested.
    cheesybite

Answer by cheesybite at 3:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• cheesybite, if you can find out that would be great. that is the problem, It is not the pipes. We are on well water, and it is because they didn't drill deep enough when the people had the well dug. The water has lots of iron ore in it. I have to constantly clean the tubs and stuff. But you can't keepit from discoloring whites. And right not we can't afford a new well or to go deeper with the one there.
    Anonymous

• Done both... right now have washer at home... dryer just died...  :(  so I am hanging laundry to dry in the house and will hang out side when weather gets warmer...
     Larger items will go to Laundramat to do... love those giant machines...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• OH, your on well water.

Iron out works wonders! we used it when I lived in CT and had well water.

MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 5:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• try some borax in your laundry to help with the whites
    meganiph

Answer by meganiph at 7:33 PM on Apr. 1, 2009