How much did your foodstamps go up?

Ours went up by 65 dollars, we were only getting 160/month for a family of four.... so at least Obama did something right! I don't mind posting this b/c my Husband works full time and goes to school full time. We earn what we have, this is the only help we get and we appreciate it! So, if you need to be rude, just move on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• different states have different rules when it comes to food stamps. How rude Anon 2:37.

I am not on foodstamps, but if you need them, you need them. you should be happy that your Tax dollars are going to feed someone. I don't make much, but i am glad to spare what i can tax wise for a family who needs to eat. I would rather a family be fed then save the $ from taxes.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• i dont know if they did how do you find out?
    Anonymous

• I wish I received food stamps....I'm a single mom and don't qualify.
    Anonymous

• 0000 because we make too much why??? I don't know because people with 80,000 thousand in the bank can get food stamps-but we have to be on the street before we can get assistance!

Hope my tax dollars taste good!!
    Anonymous

• and where do you live cuz we have a family of five and we get way more than that. not bragging but i was surprised by how much we got i even made them go through everything twice cuz i felt bad and could believe it was right
    Anonymous

• We eat eggs for dinner and you guys get more from foodstamps...just doesn't seem fair.
    Anonymous

• why are you getting mad at us cause you cant get them? its not our fault and my family is only on them because we do need the help right now.
    Anonymous

• Eggs used to be a quite expensive source of protein. Count your blessings anon 1:39
    Anonymous

• I am not made at you or any of you. I am mad at the system. we make 24,000 a year for a family of 4 and get nothing.

I am angry at the system. I am angry when I have to cook eggs for my kids dinner. I am angry when I go to the store and have to make 20 last a week and I see people with carts FULL paying with their food stamp card. I can be angry at the system.
    Anonymous

• instead of giving more food stamps they need to create more jobs so that people can make a living and earn what they have because that is the greatest feeling in the world. plus they also need to reevaluate how they give food stamps because some people make one penny to much and they get nothing even though they need it and there are others that get when they should not.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009