When do baby's start to crawl?

I noticed today that my 2/almost 3 month old daughter likes to move herself a lot while she is in her crib. I placed her in the middle of her crib and when I went to check on her, she had moved about 8-9 inches from where I had her. I am just curious as to when I should expect her to start crawling.

Kayliesmommy09

Asked by Kayliesmommy09 at 2:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have 3 kids and they started between the ages of 5 months and 10 months, nothing is wrong with any of them and you wouldnt be able to tell which was early and which was later if you look at them now. It will happen when she is ready.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• All babies start crawling and walking at different times. My son started crawling at 4 months, but he was a big boy and very strong.
    1and1make3

Answer by 1and1make3 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my dd starting sciouchimg at 5 months and crawled at 6
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My DD crawled 2 weeks before her first birthday. She LOVED to roll though. She mastered rolling at around 7 months and would roll to whatever she wanted (toy, dog, mommy, lol).
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 4:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2009