Question for moms that have been induced,

Do you prefer this method over natural labor? And if so, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would rather have gone into labor naturally, but the cord was around her neck and we needed to get her out...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I was induced both times, neither of my babies wanted to come on their own, I was over a week late eacy time, so I can't really say if I prefer it, as I don't know what its like to go into labor naturally, but I will say that I had WONDERFUL birthing experiences both times.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I never had natural labor, but I have been with noms in delivery who chose to go natural and hands down no one regretted it, where you will find lots of moms who regret not going that way...me for one. It is supposed to be an easier labor, but I cant say from experience.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 2:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• so is being induced easy? I know easy is probably not the right word, but not AS painful as you imagined or experienced before??

Anonymous

• You mean going in to labor naturally on your own or natural with no epidural no drugs natural?

I was induced with my last two. The first one with an epidural. It was my easiest, fastest labor(3 hours) and I was 38 weeks. Induced for convince sake :) I know people love to hear that. LOL

My 3rd I wanted to do it all naturally, but unfortunately because I have Group B Strep and was already contracting and dilating they didn't want to risk me going in to labor on my own without getting the antibiotics. So I was induced and I used no pain management. Worst labor of my life. Enough that I seriously wanted to die rather than endure another minute.

But on the good hand...it did concrete my decision that I am done having children.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• being induced to me was the same thing i imagined it would be if i was induced or not induced... my baby was facing sunny side up so my contractions never came down and i had to have a c section, but i handled it very well i think... but it waws what i thought it would be.. intense contractions uncomfortable exciting anxious all at once.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I wish I could have gone into labor by myself, but my DD was very late, so since the doctors say its bad for a baby to stay in there longer than 42 weeks I had to be induced. It didn't hurt, but it didn't speed up anything like I've heard. I was still in labor for 18 hours.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Natural labor is my preferance. Sure I was in labor for 24 hrs, easy labor at home for 18hrs and then I went in at 6a and had him at noon. My 2nd I was induced by IV and the contractions came on with in mins, I delivered 6 1/2 hrs later, and my 3rd they induced me with that vaginal stuff (lol) I wasnt allowed out of bed at all, I was in so much pain and they insisted that i was going to go quick because that was my 3rd baby, well they induced me at 7a and I delivered him at 6:24P. I think natural labor is the best way to go. I was induced the first time b/c I was 2days late and easter was the following weekend, Doc wanted to make sure I wasn't in the hospital for easter. LOL The 2nd time I was induced, my son was starting kindergaden a week later and my Doc said if I didnt go in a wk that he wanted to induce me, well that my sons first day of school, if not I would have waited it out, my first was 10 days late, TMI lol
    4boysandmom

Answer by 4boysandmom at 3:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I had to be induced and it was AWFUL... just the gel alone started my contractions and made them strong enough I needed morphine to sleep for all of two hours (then they were strong enough to wake me up thru the morphine, then i could fall asleep for five minutes before the next one) then when they started the pitocin in the a.m. it went really fast and hard... started the drip at 7, intrathecal epidural at 930, pain again at 1130 too far along for more, 12 started pushing, 1228 he was here.
    I really had wanted to go natural but couldnt... I think that if it werent for my Gestational Diabetes and Group B Strep that caused me to have to stay in bed for the whole thing... I could have done it without the epidural but I was hooked up to too many IVs and Monitors to move around and make it less painful.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• IMO Inductions SUCK!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009