How did you wean your baby from the boob?

He is 10 months old and still nurses to fall asleep. I am done with this. I never had to wean my 2 year old he got the roto virus and didn't want to eat for 3 days so i never offered it again and he never asked. Please help me out this kid has got to start falling asleep on his own.

Asked by masonelismom at 10:17 AM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say just let him cry... i sound awful.. i know. Do you pump at all? Maybe pump a bottle,and give it to him before bed, but try and make him stay awake, and then put him in bed awake or drowsy and he'll be okay..

Answer by shenae704 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i just staerted giving him bottles and he started to get the hang of the bottle. so i tricked him and started giving him formula. so when he wanted the boob i just let him cry so he had no choice but to take it. then again he wasnt picky

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• he won't take a bottle and never has he drinks from a sippy but the kind with a straw so he can't drink it laying down

Answer by masonelismom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• i just rock my DD to sleep. we also nurse, and at times she wants to nurse to sleep. instead i pop her passie in her mouth and rock her while patting her bootie, when she falls asleep i lay her in her crib.

at times she scream's the first few mins. of me rocking her if she really wants to nurse...i just sing to her and cuddle her a little more and it comforts her enough.

Answer by kelcee_eric_bry at 11:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Your child is obviously not ready to wean. It sounds like you are a bit "touched out". If you take some time to yourself, it gives you a chance to revitalize yourself, and you may find that the baby is just wanting a little more mommy time (Not that you aren't giving's just that they need us sometimes more than what's normal)

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 1:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008