Do you Spanx?

After the birth of my second child, my tummy still has a bit of flab. I wear a size 6 or 8 pants, but here's the problem. The eights fit great for the first hour, then they start to look to loose and i'm pulling them up every five minutes or tighting my belt. The sixes give me a muffin top - which i hate beyound anything else - and I need it to go away. I bought a pair of Spanx power panties mid thigh for 30.00 and they lasted for over a year, but have now ripped, I am wanting to try the Slim Cognito http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2990122&cp=2992553.3010022&parentPage=family but am not sure it will be worth the 70 + for it. Do you wear a body shapper? if so what brand/style? Do you use Spanx? Are the other products they have worth the extra money?

Vanessannd

Asked by Vanessannd at 2:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• have you heard of silkies ? they have shapewear too and it is not as pricey, and it definetly works.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 4:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• How about accept that your body has gone through an incredible thing, gave life to another human being and be proud of the mark it has left on your body. Instead of trying to squeez into something like that, accept that your body is different, where what you love and is comfortable and looks good. I use to sell spanx and had to wear those stupid things. I felt like I was lying everyday trying to sell them.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Why don't you wear a size 7? It might fit a lot better. Also, Old Navy pants seem to be good for hiding the muffin top. Their waists run bigger but the pants fit your body well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2009

• I have tried size 7 in Jrs but they just don't fit at all... I went to walmart and bought a mid thigh to waist shapper for $10.00 yesterday evening and am wearing it now. It is not the most comfortable thing, but my sixes no longer show a muffin top. The only negative issue with this one i bought is that there is a seam down the middle, so if I am wearing a close fitting top you can see the seem. Since lack of respone on the question I doubt many people use the spanx or other shappers, but i'm going to order the slim cognito one today. I'll post a review on it once i get it.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2009

• If you don't want to spend the money on Spanx, they make a cheaper brand available at Target. Works just as well, costs less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2009