Good potty training group on CM

My dd is 19 months, and is showing signs of being ready to potty train (she tyakes her own diaper off every time she pee's or poops and brings me the wipes to wipe her, and will tell me when she is going) . I am not trying to push the issue as both my boys were around 2 1/2 closer to 3 for my oldest. But she is obviously showing signs. I am pregnant and either want to do it right away or wait untill the baby is a few months old, not in the middle of introducing a newborn into the family. Any advice? And does anyone know of a good group that is actually active that can help with ideas?

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 2:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Exact age my daughter was. We had great success with the 3-day method as described in detail in Andrewsmom's journal in the CM group "potty training moms" (she runs the group). The group's active, she's definitely on there every day. Good luck!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• My dd is potty trained and what helped with her was a prize box. I just went to the dollar store or party city and got a whole bunch of cheap trinkets. Every time she went she got a prize and a sticker on her chart and I did the pee-pee dance for her =) I would put her on the potty every 30-45mins until she associated potty=peeing. Also I didn't use pull-ups because she confused those with diapers. I got her dora panties and the feeling of pee running down her leg was enough for her to know that she had to go on the potty. Nightime...well that's harder well at least it was for us. She's still not fully potty trained at night. We're working on it though. Btw she's 2. I just did a search and there is a group called potty training princesses. Good luck!
    sweetnsassymami

Answer by sweetnsassymami at 7:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2009