What age and how do you potty train your daughter?

Lilli is 20 months old and i have been introducing her to her potty by having her sit fully clothed while i go. this morning i started putting her on the potty bare butt and all whenever i go. Am i doing the right thing? is it too early?

bella0522

Asked by bella0522 at 2:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started potty training when she turned 2 and just got my goal accomplished 7 months later. I have a journal on my page. Check it out and let me know if ya need more help
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I started my dd when she was 3. She had no interest before then. I put her potty in the living room so she could watch tv and go. I let her run around naked. Lots of accidents the first week but after she was 100% trained quickly. Well she does have accidents on purpose when she is angry with daddy but that is not my fault LOL
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 3:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I started my daughter at 19 months and she was fully trained for daytime about 7 or 8 days later. Check out "potty training moms" group on CM. Lots of info on the 3-day method. I think it works really well with toddlers on the younger side. Over 2 months later she's still doing great.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2009