My son and his big head.

I'm worried abouut my LO. He's four months old and ever since he was born he's always been in the 90% when it comes to his head. The Dr said she would just keep an eye on his head and that he's doing great.

My question is: Has anyone been through this already?

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 2:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know, but my 5 month old is in the 90th percentile as well. I will look forward to reading the responses! My mother just says "she'll grow into it"
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• how big was his head when he was born?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I don't remember what it was when he was born.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 3:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• do you know how big it is now?? sorry i just want to compare to my daughters head ...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• my youngest son was born with a huge head. He was over the 95 percentile all his life. He wears a size 8 1/4 hat. They did MRI's and all just to make sure there was nothing organic going on..nope..they just called in Familiacephomegaly...which basically means big head run in the family. My husband wears a 7 3/4
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• I questioned whether to type this or not, I don't want you worrying over nothing.
    But a large head can be a sign of autism.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't know. I just went to the DR today and I never ask. Sorry.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 3:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Someone has to be in the 90th percentile. (not trying to be rude)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2009

• Yes, thats what they said their children were, in the 90% percentile. Is that what you were meaning?
    Anonymous

• He should just grow into it, provided of course that it has always been large. A rapid growth of the head could be trouble. My brother was 10 months old and had Hydrocephalus, his head was HUGE!!! He had to have brain surgery and what not, but he did grow into his head (finally.. he is 15 now and save for the teenage boy part looks normal)

Since its always been large shouldnt be a big deal though!
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2009